Hudson River Museum Announces First Public Safety Appreciation Day on Saturday, June 10
YONKERS, NY, June 5, 2017 — The Hudson River Museum is pleased to announce its first Public Safety Appreciation Day, which will take place on Saturday, June 10 from 12 to 5pm. On this day all emergency services staff throughout Westchester County—Fire, Police, and EMS services—will receive FREE Museum admission for themselves and their families by showing their public safety ID. “Public safety personnel play an essential role in our everyday lives, which often requires that they put themselves in harm’s way to protect us,” says HRM Director Masha Turchinsky. “As a sign of our genuine appreciation, we open our doors to all public safety officers for their dedication and commitment to the safety and well-being of our community.”
The largest cultural institution in Westchester County, the Hudson River Museum offers a variety of exhibitions, programs, and hands-on activities for the entire family. Activities and exhibitions on this day include:
- We are celebrating summer with exhibitions devoted to floral beauty, including: Robert Zakanitch, Garden of Ornament; Floral Arrangements: Highlights from the Permanent Collection, and Sylvia Sleigh: Invitation to a Voyage
- Planetarium— the only public planetarium between New York City and Albany. Discover the wonders of our universe with Star Shows at 12:30, 2, and 3:30pm for ages 5 – adult, including The Sky Tonight, a live, interactive show about what’s going on in the sky the VERY night you visit. (Planetarium tickets are an additional cost)
- Glenview, the Museum’s 1876 Historic Home, with six restored Gilded-Age period rooms that reflect the lifestyle of its turn-of-the-century residents, the Trevor family, and are full of fine woodworking, furnishings and decorative objects, paintings, and sculptures.
- Family Studio Arts & Science Projects —Join activities that explore the Museum’s collections and exhibitions from 1-4pm
- Explore and learn about the Hudson River in the Riverama Gallery
- Stop in our Early Explorers Room, a play space for young visitors with a dollhouse, blocks, puppet theater & more. Up to age 5; must be with a caregiver.