The Hudson River Museum is pleased to welcome back summer camp groups in accordance with Museum Safety Protocol.
Enjoy our exciting selection of in-person planetarium shows and complementary hands-on workshops, tailored for all ages, interests, and learning styles.
1-hour, in-person planetarium shows and 1-hour, in-person workshops are available between July 11 and August 18, 2023, on Tuesdays through Fridays from 9:30am–5pm, by advance reservation only. Last camp groups are admitted at 4pm.
Book Your Camp Visit
For more information on individual planetarium shows, including trailers, visit our planetarium page.
- The Sky Tonight (LIVE) Ages 8+
- Our Solar System (LIVE) 8+
- Beyond the Sun 8+
- Earth, Moon, and Sun 5–10
- Habitat Earth 8+
- Legends of the Night Sky: Perseus and Andromeda 8+
- Magic Tree House: Space Mission 4–8
- One World, One Sky: Big Bird’s Adventure (English, Spanish) 4–7
- Tycho Goes to Mars 4–7
- The Victorian’s Guide to the Galaxy 12+
- We Are Aliens 8+
- We Are Astronomers (English, Spanish) 8+
- We Are Stars 8+
Please note, assisted hearing devices are available, and all planetarium shows end with live Q&A.
- Daily Planet (ages 4–9): Make and recreate a 3D soft sculpture of a planet with collage materials.
- Starry Night (ages 3+): Dream up your own constellation, name it, and recreate it with collage and mixed media.
- Stomp ‘em Rockets (ages 3+): Learn the mechanics of launching a rocket in space. Build your own and launch it outdoors.
- Orbits (ages 8–12): Examine properties of solar system worlds, uncover clues, and reveal the hidden planet.
- Naturalist’s Journey (ages 10+): Students are given hands-on access to the Museum’s teaching “touch collection” and locally gathered materials from nature. They are then walked through an all-skill-levels-welcome sketching exercise and learn to observe like a student of the natural world. Paired with the Habitat Earth planetarium show.
Leaders and chaperones are responsible for their campers at all times. For campers Grades 2 and up (ages 8+), 1 chaperone is required for every 10 campers. For campers Pre-K through Grade 1 (ages 3–7), 1 chaperone is required for every 5 campers. The first chaperone is free of charge. Additional chaperones are $5 each.
Planetarium shows cost $180 for up to 20 attendees, PLUS $6.00 per additional attendee. The first chaperone is free of charge. Additional chaperones are $5 each. The maximum capacity is 120 participants.
A 2-hour combination of one planetarium show and one hands-on workshop costs $250 for up to 20 attendees, PLUS $9.50 per additional attendee. The first chaperone is free of charge. Additional chaperones are $5 each. Your reservation includes ONLY the selected planetarium show and workshop.
A 50% deposit is required at least two weeks in advance of your reserved visit. Cancellations must be made 48 hours before the scheduled date to avoid fees.
Book a camp visit